By Katherine Brice,Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the simplest probability of good fortune with this attempted and confirmed sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and evaluation standards of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- includes authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- offers exam-style questions and advice for every correct specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for various classes including:
- AQA: The English Revolution, 1625-1660
- OCR: The Early Stuarts and the Origins of the Civil battle 1603-1660
Read Online or Download Access to History: The Early Stuarts and the English Revolution 1603-60 PDF
Best uk history books
This learn makes a speciality of the site visitors in Indian slaves in the course of the early years of the yankee South. The Indian slave exchange used to be of valuable significance from the Carolina coast to the Mississippi Valley for almost 50 years, linking southern lives and making a whirlwind of violence and profit-making, argues Alan Gallay.
‘Re-visioning delusion: modern drama through girls’ examines the varied ways that classical fable narratives were remodeled through ladies playwrights for the ecu degree. the 1st in-depth overview of ‘re-vision’ as a phenomenon in women’s drama, this research explores the ideological and aesthetic capability of such perform and silmultaneously exposes the tensions inherent in makes an attempt to problem narratives that experience essentially formed western inspiration.
"Yehuda Cohen's target is not anything below to put prior to us a whole and designated account of either the origins and prospect of British nationwide identification and non secular history. via charting with nice ability and remarkable erudition the evolution of British nationality from antiquity to the current, the writer indicates us Britain's specified position and position within the eu Union.
- Heligoland: Britain, Germany, and the Struggle for the North Sea
- An Introduction to Scottish Ethnology: A Compendium of Scottish Ethnology Volume 1 (Scottish Life and Society)
- Negro Comrades of the Crown: African Americans and the British Empire Fight the U.S. Before Emancipation
- Intellectual Origins of the English Revolution--Revisited
- Heaven and Earth in Anglo-Saxon England: Theology and Society in an Age of Faith (Studies in Early Medieval Britain and Ireland)
Extra info for Access to History: The Early Stuarts and the English Revolution 1603-60