By Martin Hewitt
Read or Download An Age of Equipoise? Reassessing mid-Victorian Britain PDF
Similar uk history books
This research specializes in the site visitors in Indian slaves through the early years of the yank South. The Indian slave exchange used to be of principal significance from the Carolina coast to the Mississippi Valley for almost 50 years, linking southern lives and making a whirlwind of violence and profit-making, argues Alan Gallay.
‘Re-visioning fantasy: modern drama by way of girls’ examines the varied ways that classical fable narratives were transformed via girls playwrights for the eu degree. the 1st in-depth review of ‘re-vision’ as a phenomenon in women’s drama, this research explores the ideological and aesthetic strength of such perform and silmultaneously exposes the tensions inherent in makes an attempt to problem narratives that experience essentially formed western concept.
"Yehuda Cohen's target is not anything under to put ahead of us a whole and exact account of either the origins and prospect of British nationwide id and non secular background. through charting with nice ability and extraordinary erudition the evolution of British nationality from antiquity to the current, the writer indicates us Britain's exact position and function within the ecu Union.
- The Life and Times of Sir Edwin Chadwick: Volume 22 (Routledge Library Editions: The History of Social Welfare)
- The Emergence of Stability in the Industrial City: Manchester, 1832–67
- Women, Social Leadership, and the Second World War: Continuities of Class
- On Living in an Old Country: The National Past in Contemporary Britain
- Capitalised Education: An immanent materialist account of Kate Middleton
- English Aristocratic Women, 1450-1550: Marriage and Family, Property and Careers
Extra resources for An Age of Equipoise? Reassessing mid-Victorian Britain