By Julian Baldick
Read or Download Ancient Religions of the Austronesian World: From Australasia to Taiwan (Library of Ethnicity, Identity and Culture) PDF
Best australian & oceanian history books
The final continent to be claimed by means of Europeans, Australia started to be settled through the British in 1788 within the kind of a prison for its convicts. whereas British tradition has had the biggest effect at the kingdom and its presence should be obvious in every single place, the British weren't Australia's unique population. the 1st population of Australia, the Aborigines, are believed to have migrated from Southeast Asia into northern Australia as early as 60,000 years in the past.
He Pitopito Korero no te Perehi Maori: Readings from the Maori-Language Press is a reader of assorted articles and content material from nineteenth-century Maori newspapers. There are letters and editorials with all of the dignity and polished rhetoric of speeches, heated political debates, electioneering, prosaic day-by-day information goods and tradesmen's ads.
I grew to become an city historian simply because i assumed that our towns deserved extra of our interest and idealism. urban Dreamers restores Australian towns, and those that created them, to their rightful position within the nationwide mind's eye. construction on a lifetime’s paintings, Graeme Davison perspectives Australian heritage, from 1788 to the current day, in the course of the eyes of urban dreamers – corresponding to Henry Lawson, Charles Bean andHugh Stretton – and others who've helped make the towns we inhabit.
Amy Bock's lifestyles has been the foundation for performs, books, a television application, song, poems, an exhibition and extra, yet Mad or undesirable? is the 1st finished biography. And whereas Amy won notoriety as a bold, duplicitous and talked-about con artist who impersonated a guy and married an unsuspecting lady, during this publication the writer exhibits how her tale was once no longer an easy case of fraud and misrepresentation.
- Bomber Boys: The extraordinary adventures of a group of airmen who escaped the Japanese and became the RAAF's celebrated 18th Squadron
- Digging It Up Down Under: A Practical Guide to Doing Archaeology in Australia (World Archaeological Congress Cultural Heritage Manual Series)
- The Great Divide: the story of New Zealand & its Treaty
- Little Fish Are Sweet
- Meaning and Ideology in Historical Archaeology: Style, Social Identity, and Capitalism in an Australian Town (Contributions To Global Historical Archaeology)
- Anzac Sons: The Story of Five Brothers in the War to End all Wars
Additional info for Ancient Religions of the Austronesian World: From Australasia to Taiwan (Library of Ethnicity, Identity and Culture)