By Nick Shepley,Mike Byrne
Exam Board: AQA
First educating: September 2015
First examination: June 2016
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and realizing in their AQA breadth examine via professional narrative, revolutionary talents improvement and bespoke essays from top historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' figuring out of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the most important innovations of swap, continuity, reason and final result, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they enhance throughout the course
- Improves scholars' abilities in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing by means of offering transparent tips and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative abilities and curiosity in heritage via prolonged interpreting possibilities together with in particular commissioned essays from practicing historians on correct debates
- Cements knowing of the vast concerns underpinning the interval with overviews of the most important questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
Democracy, Empire and struggle: Britain 1851-1964
This identify explores political and social reform 1851-1914, the impression of either global Wars, the construction of the Welfare country and the transformational social adjustments of the Nineteen Fifties and Sixties. It considers breadth problems with switch, continuity, reason and end result during this interval via reading key questions about subject matters akin to democracy, ideology, economic climate, society, Britain's' place on this planet and the impression of key individuals.
Read Online or Download AQA A-level History: Britain 1851-1964: Challenge and Transformation (AQA A Level History) PDF
Similar uk history books
This learn specializes in the site visitors in Indian slaves throughout the early years of the yankee South. The Indian slave exchange used to be of valuable value from the Carolina coast to the Mississippi Valley for almost 50 years, linking southern lives and making a whirlwind of violence and profit-making, argues Alan Gallay.
‘Re-visioning delusion: modern drama through ladies’ examines the varied ways that classical fantasy narratives were transformed through ladies playwrights for the eu level. the 1st in-depth overview of ‘re-vision’ as a phenomenon in women’s drama, this research explores the ideological and aesthetic capability of such perform and silmultaneously exposes the tensions inherent in makes an attempt to problem narratives that experience essentially formed western concept.
"Yehuda Cohen's objective is not anything below to put ahead of us a whole and particular account of either the origins and prospect of British nationwide identification and non secular background. by means of charting with nice ability and remarkable erudition the evolution of British nationality from antiquity to the current, the writer exhibits us Britain's designated position and function within the ecu Union.
- A History of Britain Book VI: The Victorians and The Age of Empire, 1832-1901
- HISTORY OF BRITISH INDIA (VOLUME 9)
- Class and Religion in the Late Victorian City: Volume 9 (Routledge Library Editions: The Victorian World)
- A History of Exorcism in Catholic Christianity (Palgrave Historical Studies in Witchcraft and Magic)
- The Home Front: Derbyshire in the First World War (The Great War on the Home Front)
Additional info for AQA A-level History: Britain 1851-1964: Challenge and Transformation (AQA A Level History)